Sore Flap

23 Feb

I have noticed over the last week or so since I started the program that I have some problems. I have a silver dollar sized area on the outer edge of my right breast that feels like someone is boring into my breast. The spot isn’t where the wire ends on bras. It’s about an inch forward of that, towards where my nipple would be if I had one. If I probe, I can feel the edge of the muscle flap.

Now I’m SURE I definitely overdid it this past weekend. Saturday Ken and I took the “Keys To The Kingdom” tour at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. It’s a FIVE HOUR walking tour. Of course there were short breaks and 30 minutes for lunch. We’re talking about a 3.5 mile hike around the park. For me, that’s like running a marathon.

We got up at 6 am so that we could be there by 8 to check in because the tour started at 8:30. Then our lovely guide Evelyn, proceeded to take us all around the park. It was a fantastic tour and I recommend it highly. This tour was on top of the run I did on Friday.

After a nap, we came back since the park was open til midnight and stayed until nearly closing. I was pretty worn out but I thought maybe with a good night’s sleep and some aspirin, I’d feel better. We slept until we woke up and I was sore and tender but I figured if I walked, I’d stretch out the soreness. After a nice breakfast of fruit and yogurt, we went BACK over to Magic Kingdom. As we were walking out the previous night, I found a child’s hoodie sitting on top of a covered trash can so when I dropped it off at City Hall, the woman there asked if i would like a fast pass. It was good for one attraction. Since we hadn’t gotten to go on Space Mountain since it re-opened after refurbishment in December of last year, aches and pains or not, We were GOING on Space Mountain. By the time we made our way to the back of the park, I was starting to feel like a zombie. But by damn I wasn’t going to give in.

After Space Mountain we went all the way BACK out to the car and drove over to Animal Kingdom. I wanted to milk this weekend for all it was worth since we so rarely stay over night. So we took it reeeally slooooowlyy. By the time the park closed at 6pm, I was spiking about a 4 on the pain scale. That’s the highest it’s been for a long time. I was firmly convinced that I had died some time the previous night and no one had bothered to tell me.

By the time we got home I was thinking that I might have done something to my right breast flap, i was in that much pain. So I grabbed the ice pack and tossed down some Tylenol. This morning, I was in even worse shape. I went to change my bed time top and it felt like the flap was ripping. So I called Patti at Dr. Elliott’s office.

She was kind enough to reassure me that I hadn’t done any damage to what they had done. She suggested I take ibuprofen the rest of the day and resume normal activity tomorrow. She said that getting back to my old self (or in my case, better than my old self – my words, not hers) was going to be painful.

So here I sit, waiting for Ken to get back with ibuprofen. I’m SO not looking forward to running tomorrow but I’m NOT going to skip it. I’m just shifting it to T-TH-S this week instead of the usual M-W-F.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: